Thursday, February 5, 2009

George

George had a bad day yesterday. He was great the first day of school, but he has been getting progressively worse. Yesterday was pretty bad apparently. Also, I've mentioned that he has an excessive amount of gas which is making him miserable so last night I decided to switch his formula. It makes me feel so guilty for not nursing him anymore. We'll see if his stomach reacts well to the new formula. If it does not, I will have to talk to the doctor because this is ridiculous. Furthermore, after only three days at daycare, he is officially congested and had to sleep in his carrier last night just so he could breathe. This is the part of being a working parent that makes me so sad. I'm sure it will be alright because it was with the other two. I guess I just forgot how hard this can me on the little angel.

4 comments:

Joan said...

I've been thinking about the gas issue. Maybe he is intolerant to lactose, can cause a lot of bad, stinky gas and cramping. There are some formulas that use soy and are lactose free. Possibly that might help? Just thinking out loud from a medical standpoint.

Theresa said...

I had that thought too. I'm going to try the new formula (we were using Similac and I switched to Enfamil) for a few days to see if that helps. If things are still bad then we'll switch to lactose free. Poor baby.

Jess said...

Take a deep breath! I am thinking of you and praying that things get easier.

Lisa said...

Poor George and poor Mommy! You guys will be in my prayers...the first weeks back are tough!!