Monday, February 9, 2009

Wardrobe Malfunctions

I have too many of these to actually list completely. Some include wearing two different shoes, wearing two different earrings, having a child-sized hand print on the shoulder of my suit jacket, runs in my pantyhose, wearing my underwear inside out, and leaving my zipper unzipped (but it is on the side of my pants). Today, I add to the list wearing a shirt that shows my bra - no matter what I do - and reaches below my jacket. This is what happens when you are in such a rush that you don't have time to do a final check in the mirror before leaving the house. I guess I'll try to rectify the problem at lunch. It is too much trouble to try holding my jacket over my v-cut neckline where my bra peeks out. What frustrates me, is guys DO NOT have these problems (except for the zipper thing). Of course, most women probably do not have these problems either. I'm sure it is just me.

By the way, I got some eye cream to alleviate the ridiculous lines and exhaustion showing on my face. I've got four evening meetings this week. I'm really giving this cream a run for its money since I'm sure to be worn ragged by the end of the week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have those problems. In fact, my most obvious problem is dripping food on the front of my tops.

Joan said...

Not do they have to deal with the problem of untimely accidents beacuse you are too busy to get to the bathroom before something overflows despite padding and stuffing.
I wish you could wear scrubs like me. All I have to do is match top and bottom - and I even have trouble with that somedays.

Theresa said...

Well, that is the main reason why I briefly pursued a nursing career. The prospect of wearing pajamas to work everyday is very appealing.

Mary said...

O-k - I had a very embarrassing wardrobe malfunction a few months ago. I was very excited at work one day because I was going to get my annual review. (I know - I am a freak like that). Anyway, I had to stay late because my boss was in from London and could not meet with me until all of his meetings were done. I was wearing a professional suit with a button up dress shirt. My review was very good and I was very happy about it.
I got home at the same time as Richard and I was telling him how happy I was that I got a good review. It was at this point that he inclined his head to my chest and said, "I wonder why?" To my horror, my button had come undone - I have no idea when. Luckily, I had pinned it that morning (because my shirts need extra reinforcement anyway)- so I wasn't completely out there.

Jess said...

Let me know if the eyecream works. I could use some.

Theresa said...

Well, the eye cream hasn't started working yet, because someone already told me I look tired. She was right. I am tired and I look it too.

Stacey said...

Man, I can relate. Keep me posted on the eye cream as well. And if you know of a product short of Botox that will remove deep lines across the forehead that would be great too.