Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A mother's nightmare . . .

This isn't my worst nightmare, but I know it ranks up there for a lot of moms: Luke wants to be a rock star. And that is exactly what he says. He's totally into rock and roll and loves dancing/headbanging. He loves Pink's hit "So What" which contains the lyrics "I'm a rock star, I've got my rock moves." He sings that every once in a while, and loves to hear it on the radio.

He asks to have the music turned up loud. He rocks out, dancing in a way that looks more like break dancing. I'm not sure who taught him that dancing includes rolling around on the floor, but he loves it. During Evie's last dance lesson, Chuck and Luke stayed home and when we came home the stereo was blasting. Apparently Luke said, "Dad, can we rock the house?" Don't know where he came up with the phrase "rock the house," but he knew what it meant. So, Chuck turned up the music and Luke proceeded to dance by rolling on the ground and bobbing his head to the beat.

He's adorable, and I love when he sings. If I catch him doing it and listen he gets real shy, smiles and stops singing. It is precious. This morning he was singing "I've got a pocket full of sunshine" because it is on his CD, Kids Bop 14. And he's ready for Kids Bop 15, which has "So What" on it. And when we went to a dance recital, a teenage boy was doing a dance like Justin Timberlake or some other hot boy band member and Luke was thrilled. He loved it. It really was pretty impressive. So, if Luke wants to be Justin Timberlake, that is fine with me. I just hope he turns out more like Timberlake than Michael Jackson or any other freak show out there.

I'll have to track down a video of him rocking out.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Colt loves Pink, too! Then there is the lyrics my kids love - "Teenagers scare, they scare the shit outta me!" Hopefully, that one will be a while for Luke to song a long to.

Lisa said...

that what i was just about to type...we need VIDEO!!! Sounds too cute! :)

Anonymous said...

how funny! Alex loves that song too and calls himself rock star alex, and when I "rock out" with him he calls me "rock star mommy". alex also likes the song "hey now you're a rock star...". I have tons of video but i have not put it out...maybe our boys will start a boy band one say, I'm sure that is exactly what Mike and Chuck dream of!