Thursday, February 26, 2009

Soccer again

I must proudly announce that Luke started back to soccer practice last night and was an old pro. No crying, no whining, no hesitation at all! He just ran out there and started practicing! I'm so proud of him and so happy that I don't have to go through the whole process of trying to convince him that he will like soccer! And, I'm even the cool soccer mom who started up a website for the team! I love it.

As for Evie, we're still working on her slow progression with dance class. Hopefully, this week will be better, but we'll see.

And finally, George is getting better at school. He's drinking 6 ounces at each meal and sleeping better. Last night he only woke up at 3:30 and then at 5:30. I wanted to hug his teacher Ms. Ida this morning!

So, all good news here. I just need to get back into the swing of things at work, and I will feel like I'm fully adjusted. Then maybe I can go back to paying attention to the rest of the crazy world that I'm living in.

For example, on Monday I asked Luke to take of his pajamas and put on his clothes for the day. I was busy bouncing George, putting Evie's clothes on and looking for Luke's shoes all at the same time while Luke was talking and pondering some questions about his bug book or spiderman or something equally inane. I just kept answering him with "Oh really? Get dressed." and "That's interesting. Now, get dressed." and "Oh, I don't know. Hope you're getting dressed." Finally, I said, "Are you getting dressed?" and I looked at him. He was just lounging against his bed holding a book with his pants pulled down and sitting around his ankles. He stood there completely relaxed with everything hanging out and I looked at him incredulously and said, "What are you doing? Put some pants on, boy!" He looked at me casually like I was overreacting. Truly, I was really reacting to the fact that he was not getting dressed when I had been repeatedly asking him to do so, but I was astonished to see that he had actually started getting undressed and never finished. I think I could understand it if he had taken his pants off all the way and decided to wander around like that, but instead he only had pulled his pants down and was just standing there. Odd. Boys are so different.

2 comments:

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan said...

Yes, boys are different. Or at least my two (Vernon and Colt) are, I don't remember Mike and Tom being so odd. Maybe it is not a boy thing but a Not-A-Kurzy thing.
Anyway - Gotta' love 'em!