Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where's my percoset?

George was awake last night and all I could think was that I wish I was back in the hospital like when he was first born. At least, at the hospital there were nurses who could take care of George while I rested. Plus, the nurses brought me drinks, food, and Percoset. Heaven, right?

Today is just a big haze at this point. George is still not sleeping through the night. No miracle for us from the Miracle Blanket, although George doesn't actually hate it like he used to. Chuck and I are in a constant state of dragging ass and it takes everything I have to wash and dry my hair, get dressed, and apply makeup each morning. I have nothing witty to post. My kids are dressed and fed and that is the extent of my accomplishments today - and really, it isn't an accomplishment to feed and clothe your children. Hell, Evie was the one who fed George this morning while I dried my hair. What has happened to me? I'm now relying on my three-year old to feed my 2 month old. Something is wrong with this picture.

Okay, I just read the paragraph above and I realize I've got to recapture my optimism. Surely I can pull myself together and make my family of 5 a functioning family of 5. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Mom will be there to help you catch up on some sleep and recapture that optimism. She loves doting on her babies, that includes YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie. I promise, promise, promise it does get easier...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure everyone has already suggested this, but have you tried giving him cereal?

Theresa said...

yes, no noticeable difference with the cereal. Our dr. even said we could try it even though it is too early for him to eat cereal. Maybe we'll try it again.

Lisa said...

hang in there theresa!! I hope you find a groove soon...I know its coming! :)